You may need to delete your perpetual (Sentinel RMS) license(s) from your PC or Server for the following reasons:
- You are moving your license to a new PC or server.
- Note - for what to do BEFORE you delete your current licences, see the related article How do I move my license for Tedds and/ or Structural Designer?
- You are swapping you licenses from Perpetual to Subscription (Online).
- Note - for what to do BEFORE you delete your current licences, see the related article How do I change an already installed version (2020 or earlier) to use Tekla Online Licensing?
- For full information about subscription licensing see the article Analysis and Design subscription licensing FAQs and video Using Tekla subscription licenses.
First, ensure that you have completed all the following steps. If you have any questions or problems with this, you can contact your Your Local Support Team.
- Received and activated (where required) your new license(s) - be these perpetual Sentinel RMS or Online ones
- Note that Online licenses do not require activation, but you will need to ensure you/ your users have a Tekla Online Account and are in your Organization (see the related article linked above for more details)
- Reconfigured your set up to use this - for example by redirecting clients to the new license server or changing the license method to Online (see the related article linked above for more details)
- Verified your Structural Design application(s) are working correctly using your replacement/ online license(s).
Then see the following section for what to do next.
Proceed as follows.
- For Server Licenses you must perform this operation on the License Server Computer. It cannot be done on a client (the term for any other PC on which you run Tedds or TSD). You may need to contact your System Administrator to access your License Server.
- When you are on the appropriate computer, open the Structural Licensing System and User Settings via Start > Programs > Tekla > System and User Settings as shown below
- Select the License Manager page, then enable the "Manage" option under Local (for Local Computer Locked licenses) or Server (for Server licenses)
- For Local Computer Locked licenses, run the License Manager application
- Reminder - for Server licenses License you must go to (or Remote into) the license Server computer. Server licenses cannot be deleted on a client.
- When you are on the server, open the License Server Manager application
- On the Manage page select and Delete all the License Features for the program(s) the licenses of which are being moved or transitioned, as shown in the picture below.
Then Close the Manager.
- If you have been asked to provide confirmation that you have deleted your license(s), you can take a screenshot of the License Manager/ License Server Manager application showing the licenses are no longer listed at this stage.
- The process of deleting your licenses is now complete