Modify Tedds fields
This section covers modifying Tedds fields in different ways, such as modifying Tedds field syntax, correcting Tedds field errors, and entering formatted text in Tedds fields.
The following only applies to Tedds for Word.
Modify the content of Tedds fields
All Tedds fields have their own particular syntax.
You can modify Tedds fields by modifying the elements in their syntax. For more information, see the syntax of each Tedds field.
Correct Tedds field errors
If your Tedds fields contain mismatched quotation marks, Tedds for Word displays a fatal error message while calculating the field.
If this occurs, do the following:
- Click Interrupt to stop the calculation.
An error field is placed in your document. The error field allows you to identify the invalid Tedds field.
- Make the necessary corrections to the Tedds field.
- Recalculate the calculations from the corrected Tedds field to the end of the document.
Enter formatted text in Tedds fields
You may need to enter formatted text in your Tedds fields. In many cases, the Insert Tedds field dialog box allows you to access the most common formatting options with the buttons on the right side of each field.
- In the Insert ribbon group, click Tedds field.
The Insert Tedds field dialog box appears.
- Do one of the following.
- Use one of the suggested formatting options, presented as buttons next to each field in the Insert Tedds field dialog box.
- Right-click a field that allows formatted text to access the full range of formatting options.
A context menu containing all of the formatting options appears.